Back to Glossary
Collaboration Tools Types
As more companies embrace remote work so does the demand for more client-specific collaboration tools rises. There are so many tools, which can be used by organizations in collaborating with their clients, staff, and other stakeholders. For many years Google has been known to offer various collaboration tools. However depending on ones' business operation, and staff some of these collaborations might be useful.
Below is a list of the most common types of collaboration tools which are needed by every company for both onsite and remote staff:
- Calendar sharing tools: these tools help in facilitating smooth planning of company events. One can easily plan and schedule meetings and appointments without consulting all the attendants.
- File sharing tools: one of the most important collaboration tools. It allows transfer, distribution, and granting access to various files which can be in form of data, books, files, pictures, project presentations, etc.
- Instant Messaging: offering real-time communication through the exchange of text messages, videos, and other online files. Dialogue is more interactive and faster.
- Document synchronization: allows faster modification and update of documents.
- Cloud storage: affordable, easy, and cheaper way of storing data.
- Videoconferencing: an effective audiovisual communication where participants enjoy a live and visual connection.
- Whiteboards: functions like a traditional whiteboard in the office, online whiteboards allow for visual communication among team members.