A digital work lives in the intersection between employees, companies, and tools. Digital work involves people who are work for a company and use digital tools in performing their professional duties. Therefore a digital work can be described as the working experience which is delivered by the use of internet-connected devices. A digital work setting is meant to effectively replace the physical office and includes devices and software which are used by remote workers to fulfill their responsibilities.
A digital work setting needs to have the following attributes:
- Efficient online communication tools, both audio and video.
- Record management software
- Online calendars where the supervisor can keep track of working days.
- Project management tools.
- Digital team collaboration software and tools.
Digital work encourages business intelligence. Digital processes used in digital work create automatic online activities which are fed in online data analytics and visualization. This in turn can be used to measure the effectiveness of various business operations. And come up with methods to handle any future challenges in the digital workplace.