Back to Glossary
Working remotely means you might find yourself seated behind a computer for a larger part of the day. Working remotely has plenty of benefits but it also has several challenges. Having healthy habits when working remotely will play an important role in making sure you are always productive at all times. Healthy habits mean creating a perfect balance between personal and professional life. Below are tips which will help you in creating healthy habits when working remotely:
- Work routine: having a specific work schedule will enhance a productive work-life balance and prevent burnout.
- Taking breaks: give your body time to relax, refresh, and exercise. Taking a break from the screen and stretching your body is important to avoid physical and mental exhaustion.
- Safe work environment: reduces the chances of getting injured by having an ergonomic environment. Good posture and well positioning from the screen will avoid back pains and eye-straining.
- Too much snacking: too much snacking is not only harmful to your health but will frequently interrupt your work routine. Have specific times in your schedule when you are eating.
- Clocking out: maintain work boundaries by checking out when your work hour ends. Avoid overworking which can be hard since working from home can mean maintaining boundaries between personal space and workspace is hard.